Sweets for the sweet! This delicious dessert is the perfect way to honor mum on Mother’s Day.
• 24 Savoiardi lady fingers
• 1 cup of seedless raspberry jam
• 6 tablespoons of orange liqueur or orange juice (for a kid-friendly version)
• 1 pound of Mascarpone
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
• 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
• 2 6-ounce boxes of fresh raspberries
• Powdered sugar or chocolate for dusting
Stir the jam and 4 tablespoons of the orange liqueur or orange juice in a small bowl to blend.
Combine the Mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of orange liqueur or orange juice in a large bowl to blend.
Beat the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form. With a spatula, softly mix in the Mascarpone mixture—don’t mix too much, as you want it to stay light and airy.
Dip the ladyfingers in the jam mixture. Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish or other decorative serving dish with half of the ladyfingers. Spread half of the Mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then cover with half of the fresh raspberries. Repeat layering with the remaining ladyfingers and Mascarpone mixture.
Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Layer the top with fresh raspberries. Dust with the powdered sugar or chocolate and serve! Buon Appetito!