Ozark has been helping children find the perfect books for years at Oak Brook Public Library. She shares the five things she can’t live without, including, as you’d suspect, books.
1. Family. “My son is the most important thing to me. As with most mothers, my life revolves around him. And my husband still brings me coffee in bed after 25 years of marriage.”
2. Trees. “I have always been passionate about them. When I was a kid, I would make leaf booklets and identify all the trees in my neighborhood. It’s the first thing I notice wherever I go.”
3. My yard. “Whether I am weeding or planting in my yard, I find it very therapeutic. Sometimes I enjoy just sitting on my hammock and watching the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks.”
4. Books. “I couldn’t live without books. Books are everything. They can be informational, entertaining, an escape, or even a reason to socialize. I belong to two book clubs and I run one for children at the library.”
5. Working with children. “I was a teacher for 10 years, and now as a children’s librarian, I could not imagine a better job. It’s very rewarding and every day is different. It’s gratifying to know that I may have made a difference to someone by recommending the right book.”
— Edited by Rosie Conway