No one really knows who first created it, but it has long remained a popular choice for cocktail enthusiasts. While many omit the crème de violette from the recipe, even the smallest amount adds just the right depth and color to the drink. Cheers!
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 ounce crème de violette (optional)
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish (use Luxardo)
Add the gin, lemon juice, maraschino liqueur, and crème de violette to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until thoroughly chilled, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
– Photography by Cheri Loughlin