- Brush for 2 minutes, minimum.
- Watch yourself in the mirror while brushing, to ensure that you brush the gum line and the back molars.
- Move the brush in small circles, not a straight line, focusing on a few teeth at a time.
- Don’t brush too hard, as this can damage sensitive gums.
- Choose a toothbrush with very soft bristles, and replace it every three months.
- Make sure to rinse your mouth immediately after brushing, to flush out bacteria.
For more information: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/bad-teeth-brushing-habits_n_1422002.html.