- 3 ounces apple cider
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 1 ½ ounces spiced rum
- ½ ounce autumn spiced simple syrup (recipe below)
- cinnamon stick, clementine peel, or apple slice for garnish
- Add ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake and strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, twist of clementine peel, or a paper-thin slice of apple.
For an alcohol-free version, increase simple syrup amount to ¾ ounce and omit the rum. After shaking and straining, top with 2 ounces of sparkling water.
AUTUMN SPICED SIMPLE SYRUP
Makes approximately 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 strip clementine zest
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to cool completely.
- Strain into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.