JUNE 27 MARKS the first day of Wimbledon—the perfect time to mix up a Pimm’s Cup. Known as the iconic cocktail of this famed British sporting event (and a favorite of Prince Charles), its refreshing, low-proof attributes allow for easy sipping while spectating. Perhaps it should be the iconic cocktail of summer!
Pimm’s No. 1 is a unique gin-based spirit infused with herbal botanicals, orange, and warming spices. Best-quality ginger ale with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice is a delightful substitute for the sparkling lemonade in a Pimm’s Cup.
- 2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
- 5 ounces sparkling lemonade
- Cucumber and strawberries slices, for garnish (mint sprigs and orange wheels may also be added)
- Fill a tall glass with ice. A Collins glass is traditional, but I encourage using what you love!
- Pour in the Pimm’s, then top with sparkling lemonade.
- Stir gently to combine
- Garnish with cucumber and strawberry.