TRANSPORT MOM to the Amalfi Coast this Mother’s Day with an Italicus Spritz. It stars Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto—a fresh, lightly floral, and delicately bitter Italian liqueur made from Bergamot, a citrus fruit native to southern Italy. This sparkling cocktail is irresistibly bright, with a touch of gin echoing the Bergamot fruit’s herbal qualities, and Meyer lemon juice adding a soft sweetness and complexity not present in traditional lemons. If Meyer lemons are not readily available, a 50/50 mix of traditional lemon juice and tangerine juice may be substituted.
• 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (see above for substitution option)
• 1/2 ounce gin
• 1 1/2 ounces Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto
• 3 ounces prosecco or sparkling wine
• Meyer lemon peel spiral, for garnish
• Add Meyer lemon juice, gin, and Italicus to a cocktail shaker.
• Fill shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
• Double strain into a well-chilled coupe glass and top with prosecco.
• Garnish with a Meyer lemon peel spiral.
Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto is available at Binny’s Beverage Depot. Vintage etched coupe glasses, marble tray, and hand-embroidered cocktail napkins available at fletcherandfork.com.