THIS TROPICAL getaway in a glass suggests sun-kissed skin, endless blue skies, and gentle island breezes. Take one sip and find yourself instantly transported to warmer environs—plane ticket not required.
GINGER ON HOLIDAY
Enjoy this as a spirit-free cocktail or with rum for extra island vibes.
• 3 ounces pineapple juice, well chilled
• 1/2 ounce ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
• 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 ounce dark rum, optional
• Coconut sparkling water (La Croix’s version works well)
• Pineapple wedge and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Pour pineapple juice, ginger simple syrup, and lime juice into a lowball glass filled with ice. Top off with coconut sparkling water and stir gently to combine.
Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a few mint leaves threaded onto a cocktail pick.
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar, and chopped ginger to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar has melted completely. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, about one hour.
Strain through a fine mesh strainer and chill. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.