Dr. Thomas Dickelman, pastor at Community Church of Lake Forest and Lake Bluff, shares the five things he can’t live without.
1. Family. “My family—they are the ones I literally cannot imagine living without.”
2. Worship on the Beach. “The Community Church holds ‘Worship on the Beach’ in Lake Bluff every Sunday in the summer, and it’s such a unique experience. It feels like walking into a Norman Rockwell painting.”
3. Openness. “Open hearts and minds reveal Spirit and make life an infinite flow of dynamic possibilities.“
4. Yuks. “Whether it’s having coffee in the morning outside Bluffingtons, or playing with the Dancing Bohemian Ukulele Team, I’m blessed to spend time most days with people who keep me in touch with the lighter side of life.“
5. Words. “The written thoughts of others feed me; a new favorite comes from Frederick Buechner, who wrote ‘The place God calls you to… is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s great hunger meet.’“