The WGN Morning News anchor since 1995, Larry has led his broadcast to record ratings, even beating out national programs in the same 5 to 9 a.m. time slot. In his off hours, Larry and his wife Lisa, and daughters Kaylin and Mallory are regular fixtures at local summer events—from the Lake Forest Bank and Trust Carnival to Lake Forest Days in West Park. We asked Larry to share the five things he can’t live without, and here’s what he reported.
1. Childhood photos & home video. “I keep master copies in a fireproof lockbox. If a burglar ever steals it, he will be greatly disappointed, but I will be heartbroken.”
2. The Great Courses lectures on CD. “Cheaper than a graduate degree, and better than wasting the morning commute listening to Flock of Seagulls’ “I Ran” for the thousandth time.”
3. Carbohydrates. “I keep them to a minimum, but no matter how much you spend on a gourmet dinner, you just can’t beat pizza, pasta, and pie.”
4. Deer Path Inn. “Pub, bar, courtyard—so many ways to experience it and always great service.”
5. Scrooge. “People who whine about the holiday season need a good dose of Alastair Sim’s transformation in the 1951 version of the Dickens classic.”
-Edited by Ann Marie Scheidler