1. Sending and receiving Season’s Greetings. Photo card by William Arthur, 100 for $488, available at Helanders in Lake Forest, 847-234-3900.
2. Giving gifts that truly give back. Handmade necklace from Ghana, $245, available at The Mustard Seed in Lake Forest, 847-735-0211.
3. Entertaining and laughing with the ones you love. Party Crackers by Robin Reed, $18, available at Voila! in Lake Bluff, 847-482-17004.
4. Believing! “Believe” banner by Born in a Barn, $38, available at Voila! in Lake Bluff.
5. Bottomless mugs of hot chocolate. Monogram mug, $6, available at Anthropologie in Highland Park, 847-681-0200.
6. Finding (and wearing!) the perfect holiday dress! Dress by Kirribilla, $450, available at Lillie Alexander in Lake Forest, 847-295-8686.
7. Cozy PJs for snowy nights and lazy mornings. Striped pajamas by Crewcuts, $52.50, available at jcrew.com/kids-clothing.jsp.
8. Embracing hat hair. Cupcake hat, $22, available at The Mustard Seed in Lake Forest.
9. Dazzling the one you love. Forevermark diamond studs, price available upon request, available at Jewels of Lake Forest in Lake Forest, 847-615-2900.
10. Welcoming a brand-new year. Planner by Kate Spade, $155, available at Helanders in Lake Forest.
11. Making memories with friends and family. Frame, $18, available at Peg Ann Kompany in Lake Bluff.
12. Donning a festive, never itchy sweater. Cashmere sweater by White + Warren, $275, available at Lillie Alexander in Lake Forest.
13. Decking the halls. Stocking, $32.50; Christmas pencils, $2.95; both available at The Initial Choice in Lake Forest, 847-234-5884. | Gingerbread Man keychain, $12, available at Peg Ann Kompany in Lake Bluff, 847-234-1413.
14. Never being too old for a good old-fashioned storybook. Book, $15.95, available at Peg Ann Kompany in Lake Bluff.
15. Getting into the holiday “spirit(s).” Wine glass, $14.50, available at The Initial Choice in Lake Forest.