While this may not be the “healthiest” or “prettiest” dinner, it’s a wonderful timesaver if you’re looking for a recipe that cooks itself while you’re out and about. Not only does it make your home smell as if you’ve been cooking with your heart all day, it’s sure to please your crowd.
Almost Perfect Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup of mushrooms
1 small can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 small can of French Onion Soup
1 box of Stouffer’s Stuffing for Pork
- In frying pan, heat olive oil. Season pork chops with garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, pepper, and Worcestershire Sauce. Then, brown pork chops on both sides.
- Remove pork chops and place them in your crock pot. Pour French Onion Soup over top.
- Pour mushroom soup into frying pan. Warm soup and mix with drippings from pork chops. While heating soup, make stuffing according to directions on box.
- Once soup is combined with drippings, pour over pork chops already in crock pot. Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- When stuffing is made, cover soup with mixture with the stuff. Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low heat.
- When pork is finished, it will be moist and easily tear with a fork. Spoon out of crock pot with stuffing. Serve with a green vegetable and side salad. Enjoy!
—Ann Marie Scheidler