This tropical getaway in a glass suggests sun-kissed skin, endless blue skies, and gentle island breezes. Take one sip and find yourself instantly transported to warmer environs—plane ticket not required.
GINGER ON HOLIDAY
Enjoy this as a spirit-free cocktail or with rum for extra island vibes.
- 3 ounces pineapple juice, well chilled
- ½ ounce ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
- ¼ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce dark rum, optional
- Coconut sparkling water (LaCroix’s version works well)
- Pineapple wedge and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Pour pineapple juice, ginger simple syrup, and lime juice into a lowball glass filled with ice. Top off with coconut sparkling water and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a few mint leaves threaded onto a cocktail pick.
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar, and chopped ginger to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar has melted completely. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, about one hour.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and chill. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.