SERVES 10 // ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN // TOTAL TIME: 5 HRS
• 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon (from about half a 5-pound watermelon)
• 1/4 cup plain 2 percent fat or whole Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
• Pinch of kosher salt • 1/3 cup (or more) sugar
• 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lime juice
• Special equipment: Ten 3-ounce ice-pop molds and wooden sticks
1. Purée watermelon, yogurt, ginger, salt, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a blender until smooth. Add more sugar and lime juice, if desired. (Purée will taste less sweet once frozen, so err on the sweet side.)
2. Divide purée among ice-pop molds. Freeze until mixture begins to set around edges of molds, 45- 60 minutes. Stir mixture in molds to blend; insert sticks. Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours. Dip molds briefly in hot water to release paletas.
DO AHEAD: Paletas can be made one week ahead.
A dollop of yogurt keeps these pops from being too icy, and we love the way the ginger adds a little spice