Established in 1904, Ravinia Festival is North America’s oldest internationally renowned music festival presenting more than 140 musically diverse events throughout the summer. These concerts feature some of the world’s greatest artists, ranging from Diana Ross to John Legend, and Ravinia serves as the annual summer residency of The Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
The 36-acre park is nestled in a gently wooded area of Highland Park, making it an enchanting place to experience music in the open-air pavilion or on the great lawn surrounding it. Guests can bring their own picnics or eat at one of the park restaurants. Here are just a few of the highlights of this summer season at Ravinia Festival:
- June 26: Seal
- June 29: Bryan Adams
- July 8: Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang
- July 20: Mary J. Blige
- July 21 and 22: Tchaikovsky Spectacular
- August 12: Steve Martin and Martin Short
- August 28: Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
- August 31: The Culture Club, Boy George
- September 8: Tony Bennett in Concert
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit ravinia.org.