WILMETTE – With the selection of SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT to lead the search process, the Board of Education has developed a plan for selecting the District’s next superintendent. This plan will provide opportunity for input from parents, community members, and staff.
SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT met with the Board of Education on May 14th to develop a hiring plan. The key components of the plan are:
- May: Position is posted on SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website
- September: Survey parents and staff, identifying what’s important in a D39 superintendent
- September/October: Eight focus groups for parents, staff, and community
- October 22 Board Meeting: SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT publicly shares profile report based on survey and focus groups
- November: Candidates presented to Board in closed session, with first candidate interviews
- Early December: Stakeholder Committee formed including parents, staff, and community members (details to come), participates in second interviews along with the Board.
- December/January Board Meeting: Board action on new Superintendent’s contract
Updates on the search will continue to be posted on the District 39 website as available.