First Bank & Trust this month opened its new Libertyville branch at 111 W. Church Street. The location is FB&T’s 10th in the Chicago area and its first in Lake County.
Five local commercial bankers with more than 100 years of combined banking experience will lead FB&T’s efforts in Libertyville, four of whom reside in Libertyville and the fifth elsewhere in Lake County. They include Senior Vice Presidents Brian Mikaelian, William Westerman, Michael Buchert, Michael Deney, and Michael Murphy. They will be joined by Branch Manager Alva Yerushalmi and her staff of retail bankers.
“We are delighted to be back serving the community in Lake County,” said Buchert. “We understand that residents and businesses want an independent local bank where they can turn to fellow community members for help achieving their financial goals.”
FB&T’s new Libertyville facility overlooks Cook Park just off Milwaukee Avenue in downtown Libertyville. Designed by architecture firm BEHLES+BEHLES, the branch boasts a 47-square-foot foliage-filled living wall and a state-of-the-art floor plan with Universal Bankers who are trained to handle each customer’s unique needs. The design has a neighborhood “community-first” store-front feel, and emphasizes the high level of service for which FB&T is known. The location will also function as FB&T’s commercial banking hub in Lake County, providing the area’s businesses with access to local decision-makers.
“Only a truly community-oriented commercial bank like First Bank & Trust could bring me out of retirement,” said SVP Bill Westerman. “We may be a new bank to the area, but we’re made up of a lot of familiar faces.”
Now a member of MainStreet Libertyville and the GLMV Chamber of Commerce, First Bank & Trust will continue looking for opportunities to connect with the community through events, sponsorships and employee volunteering.
“Our downtown remains one of the most vibrant business districts in Illinois,” said Libertyville Mayor Terry Weppler. “First Bank & Trust is a welcome addition to our community.”
FB&T Libertyville Design
- 2,534-square-foot retail and commercial banking center
- No teller lines. Customers will be greeted by a universal banker and guided to the proper department/bank officer
- Cash recycler staffed by the universal banker will perform most common retail functions (withdrawals, deposits, bank balances)
- Secure vestibule for 24 hour ATM access
- A large interior green living wall (6.6 ft. x 7 ft.) features a mix of indoor plants
- Internal, energy efficient drip irrigation system
- Plant food and horticultural light pattern changes to accommodate time of day and season.
- LED lighting, including the horticultural lights
- Natural walnut finishing is Forestry Stewardship Council Certified (FSCC)
- Recycled/remanufactured furnishings
- Paint and flooring are low volatile organic compound (VOC) certified
- Energy conserving toilets and fixtures
- Filtered tap water eliminates need for bottled water
For more information about First Bank & Trust, visit www.firstbt.com.