WILMETTE–Earlier this afternoon, the Wilmette Police Department released a residential burglary alert. From the alert:
The Village of Wilmette has experienced six residential burglaries in the period of a month. Most have occurred on the west side of the Village but the most recent burglary occurred in the 700 block of Sheridan Road on the far east side of the Village. The burglars have targeted single family residences during the afternoon and early evening hours.
Here is a breakdown:
• 700 block of Sheridan on Wednesday 1/14/15 between the hours of 5:50pm and 6:30pm. The
offender accessed the house thru an unlocked back door. A laptop was taken.
• 600 block of Lavergne on Tuesday 1/13/15 between the hours of 8am and 7:45pm. The
offender used force to break in through a side door. The house was ransacked; it is not yet known what was taken.
• 300 block of Beverly on Thursday 1/8/15 between 1pm to 2pm . The offender entered thru a
window. Jewelry and a laptop were taken.
• 300 block of Kilpatrick on Thursday 1/1/15 between 2pm and 6pm. The offender attempted to pry open a sliding glass door. Nothing was taken.
• 400 block of Sandy Lane on Wednesday 12/24 at 7:07pm. A burglary alarm was triggered by
the offender leaving thru the front door. Entry was made thru a second story window. Jewelry was taken.
• 1000 block of Romona on Tuesday 12/16 at 12:15pm rear door forced open. Officers responded to an alarm call. The offenders left prior to taking property.
The Wilmette Police Department urge residents to call the police if they observe any suspicious persons or vehicles, especially in the mid to late afternoon hours.