WILMETTE – A citizen group called the Wilmette Human Relations Commission is seeking names to consider for its “Person of the Year” award, which will be presented to a person who has made a significant contribution to the Wilmette community. The award is designed to promote the purpose of the Commission by honoring an individual who initiates, implements, participates in, or otherwise engages in an activity or lifestyle which reflects the values of the Commission to an extent that is exemplary.
Some of the skills/accomplishments the HRC is seeking for “Person of the Year:”
- Devotes his or her time to helping others
- Is committed to promoting respect, tolerance, or volunteering in Wilmette
- Nominee does not have to be a resident but contributions need to have been made in/to the Wilmette community
- Nominee can be any age who has made a significant contribution
- Posthumous nominations are accepted
Visit www.wilmette.com for more information.
About the Commission
The Human Relations Commission is a citizen group that is responsible for promoting community involvement and volunteering to maintain and enhance the quality of life within the Village of Wilmette. The Commission sponsors human relations events throughout the year aimed at providing an opportunity for all residents to celebrate the community’s ethnic and cultural diversity.