Submitted by the City of Lake Forest on July 14
– 467 residents/businesses in Lake Forest are currently without power. It is estimated that full restoration could take several days. 76% of affected residences have been restored to date. ComEd has informed the City that
restoration is head of schedule and that the goal is to restore power to 95% of its customers by midnight tonight.
– Green Bay Road is open to automobile traffic, but the sidewalk remains closed from Laurel Avenue north to Alden Lane due to downed power lines. There is police tape surrounding the affected area.
– The City will be picking up tree limbs/branches placed at the curb (no larger than 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length) at no charge through Friday, July 15.
– If you wish to bring material (no larger than 6 inches and diameter and 4 feet in length) to the Compost Center this weekend, open Saturdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sundays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., you must have a vehicle sticker and all Compost Center rules will continue to be in effect.
ComEd offers the following suggestions for a prolonged power outage:
– Turn off all appliances including your furnace, water heater and water pump
– Leave a lamp on so you know when your power has been restored
– Customers who are on medical support equipment are strongly encouraged to evacuate to a place where they can be comfortable and safe