Submitted by the City of Lake Forest on July 13, 2011
If you see downed limbs on power lines or do not have power, please call ComEd immediately: 1-800-334-7661. For more info from ComEd, visit www.comed.com.
- As of 3 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13, 467 residents/businesses in Lake Forest are still without power. It is estimated that full restoration could take several days. ComEd has informed the City that 90% of those without power will be restored by Friday,Â July 15 and the remaining 10% by Sunday, July 17.
- Electricity at the beach, Deerpath Golf Course, the Rec Center and CROYA has been restored.
- Green Bay Road remains closed from Laurel Avenue north to Alden Lane due to downed power lines.
- The City will pick up tree limbs/branches placed at the curb (no larger than 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length) at no charge through Friday, July 15.
- If you wish to bring material (no larger than 6 inches and diameter and 4 feet in length) to the Compost Center this weekend, it is open Saturdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sundays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; you must have a Lake Forest vehicle sticker and all Compost Center rules will continue to be in effect.