Updated March 3, 2017
DailyNorthShore encourages comments and Letters to the Editor, but we have specific guidelines. A general principle is: Do not state anything in a comment or Letter to the Editor that you would not say in public and do not state anything about another person that you would not say to his or her face.
As of March 2017, we require that you use your real name in comments as well as Letters to the Editor. Your comment or Letter must be civil and in line with our guidelines.
We will not post comments that violate these guidelines, and we reserve the right to amend the guidelines at any time.
- Be courteous and use respectful language in your comments
- Do not post character attacks against other people
- Do not post gossip or rumors
- Do not post anything that is or can be construed as threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or libelous
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements
- No name calling, no foul language, don’t be mean or snarky
- Do not post material that infringes copyright
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law
- Keep all comments relevant to the story you are commenting on
- Do not attempt to dominate the conversation by repeatedly posting
- DailyNorthShore and its parent company JWC Media reserve the right to remove comments that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- DailyNorthShore and its parent company JWC Media reserve the right to add to this policy at any time
- Commenters on DailyNorthShore are responsible for all legal consequences arising from their comments, including libel, slander, infringement of copyright or actions that threaten a third party
- By submitting a comment, you agree to indemnify DailyNorthShore and its parent company JWC Media, as well as its partners and employees from any legal action arising from your comments