Here’s a summary of Halloween Trick or Treating hours in Lake Forest, Lake Bluff and Knollwood on Sunday, Oct. 31.
Knollwood: 4 to 7 p.m. for trick or treating and the annual Halloween Hot Dog Roast at the old West School building (906 W. Muir – at the Foster end of the building).
Lake Bluff: 4 to 7 p.m. for trick or treating and the annual Halloween Hot Dog Roast at the Public Safety Building, 45 E. Center Avenue.Â Police Department personnel, with help from their families, will cook hot dogs and serve potato chips and refreshments.Â Hot dogs are limited, so come early!
Lake Forest: 4 to 8 p.m. for trick or treating.Â To protect your family and make Halloween a safe and happy time for everyone, the LFPD suggests the following tips that can be easily remembered…just think Pumpkin!
- Parents or a responsible teenager should accompany younger trick-or-treaters.
- Use sidewalks. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the street facing the flow of traffic.
- Make sure Halloween costumes are safe. Costumes should fit properly so the wearer can see and breathe easily.
- Porch lights should be turned on at your home so children know it is okay to visit your home.
- Kids should trick-or-treat in groups in their own neighborhoods and let their parents know their route.
- Instruct children never to eat anything until they get home and the treats have been examined.
- Never eat unwrapped candy. Always wash and cut fruit.